Translate

11.2.14

[Taipei Gourmet Tour] YongKang Beef Noodle (niuroumien)

The best memory of my taipei trips is a simple meal at YongKang Niuroumien (Beef Noodle).





The first time I went there, I was awed.  How can a boiled beef be this tender?  How come the soup be this deep not thick, spicy not hot?

<Spicy beef noodle>



This is the very taste I remember as THE taste of Taiwan.  Well, the locals would not think the same as me, but as a foreigner (the word which gives you immunity in certain cases) I do love it.



Qingtang, which is clear and not spicy in the picture above was excellent as well.






But you should not miss the dumplings here!  Spicy but peanut-butter like sauce gives you inexplicable flavour.





So this is my recommendation set for one person :). Seems too much for a meal?  You wouldn't say so after having tatsted.  I am definately going back to Taiwan for a bowl of spicy beef noodle's sake.



No comments:

Post a Comment