Translate

13.2.14

[Taipei Gourmet Tour] Traditional Breakfast

I have a lot to say on this.
One of my best friend's family is from Taiwan, and I learnt survival Chinese from her sister.
The food I was recommended (several times) is unbelievably taiwanese traditional breakfast:
A bowl of hot soybean milk and a bread.

I found a shabby but authentic place where the local people come by to take away their breakfast (very common in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan).  They make everything from the scrap! Oh, I mean flour and soybean.









I ordered a bowl of Doujian (hot and sweet soybean milk) everyday giving it a variety of breads.



1. Youtiao : fried long bread




2. danbing : thin pancake with egg
 




3. Shenshubing : a kind of baozi, cold (but cooked) minced meat in it.



4. Xiaobing : pastry like but not sweet




5. Xiaobing with egg in it





After waking up in a cold aired room, drinking the soybean milk, eat the hearty bread and seeing old papas and mamas making bread, 100 year old looking oven and everything .... Simply love the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment